The Idea Builder is where users can refine their content by adding key details to their Ideas. You can find the Idea Builder on the upper right corner of your Idea.
To start building your Idea, follow the steps below:
- Click the Idea Builder button in your Idea. This will take you to the Idea Builder dashboard.
- In the Idea Builder dashboard, you'll see an overview of the Idea's progress and what still needs to be completed. Select the section (Details Sections, Learning Plan, Forces, or Attributes) you'd like to work on.
- In the Details Sections, you'll be able to provide more details about The User, The Problem, The Idea, and Capabilities Required / Potential Partners. You can also add additional custom details sections by clicking + Add Section. Make sure you check the box next to each detail you complete to display it on your Idea profile.
When you're done adding your details, click the Back button to return to the Idea Builder dashboard.
- In Learning Plan, you'll be able to articulate your key assumptions related to your Idea, and how you might test and validate them. To start, select Learning Plan from the Idea Builder dashboard, and click Start Building.
- Next, enter a brief description of each assumption, and choose a category from the dropdown on the right. To add more assumptions, simply click the + button. To go to the next screen, Click Continue.
- Next, you'll have the option to describe your plan to test your assumptions. Click Continue to go to the next screen.
- Next, set a Priority level, Due Date, and Assignee for each assumption. Be sure to click Save and Finish when you're done.
- Adding related Forces will make your idea more discoverable by connecting it to important technologies, trends, and initiatives at your company.
Once in the Forces section, select the forces you'd like to relate to your Idea. When you're done, click the Back button to return to the Idea Builder dashboard.
- Tagging Attributes to your Idea will help others find and evaluate your Idea more effectively.
Once in the Attributes section, select attributes you'd like to tag your Idea with. When you're done, click the Back button to return to the Idea Builder dashboard.
- Once your Idea is fully built, the Idea Builder status should say: 5/5 Complete
Bravo, you did it!
Please sign in to leave a comment.